UPDATE WITH REGARDS TO THE STEEPLE
For the last seven years, we have considered returning the steeple back to its original place. However, due to the severe financial burden, it has decided by the church’s building committee to replace the structure with a more attainable replacement.
After spending about $13,000 in architect and engineer’s assessments, it was determined that in order to put the steeple back to its original place, an intense restructure of the building’s foundations will have to be redone so that it could handle the weight of the steeple.
- The steeple will need to undergo structure reconditioning.
- The latest bid to get this job done is of $550.00.
- About 5 years ago the church had a fundraising drive to raise $350.000
Letters we sent to most of the local business
Flyers we sent through the mail.
Door to door knocking was done to hand-out flyers.
Only about $120.00 was collected from the town.
Due to this results and the need to remove the steeple from its present location, it has been determined to find a source to remove the steeple and replace it with either a smaller fiberglass steeple or a different roof top finish.
Steps for final determination to proceed:
- The architect is working on some drawing options
- The building committee will make a suggestion based on the findings and make a recommendation.
- The church’s directors will then revise and approve or disapprove the recommendations.
- If approved, this recommendation will be presented to church members and they will make the final approval; otherwise, is back to the drawing board.